Sunday, March 31, 2019

Jumped Through Hoops For These Froot Loops ⭕


(The title is in reference my two and a half hour commute (!!!) home from SanRemo Bakery.)

Froot Loops Donut +
Apple Fritters

You’ll notice there are only two different donuts in the box. That’s because at 3:38 pm on a Friday, that’s all that’s left. To wit, this was the second last Froot Loops donut.

(I decided not to review the Fritters because mine contained considerably fewer apple pieces than usual.)

The Froot Loops donut was one of the new items that I was dying to try. (The other was Zeppole but all the good flavours were sold out.) Along with Corn Pops, Honeycomb and Honey Nut Cheerios, Froot Loops formed the foundation of my childhood cereal consumption.


This colourful creation takes the same signature stellar SanRemo donut and garnishes it with a generous helping of Froot Loops. I went in expecting the donut to have a generic glazed icing. So it was a shock to my system to discover that it was Froot Loops flavoured!

It is also possible the shock was actually a result of the icing’s intensity because it was super sweet! Its potency was equivalent to the endmilk of a bowl of cereal comprised of 80% Froot Loops and 20% milk. In fact, it was so sweet that half a donut was more than sufficient for a single sitting.

I did enjoy how the crunchiness of the cereal pieces brought an added dimension to the donut. On a related note, I think that’s probably the source of sugar overload. Having both the cereal and the icing likely led to its loopy levels of sweetness.

So as the title of this post ponders: was it worth it?

For the Froot Loops donut alone, no.

However, when you factor in the fritters (still superb), cannoli and cookies which are not pictured (excellent and good), and the opportunity to catch up with an old friend (invaluable), then yes it was well worth the two and a half hour commute home.

Froot Loops Donut:
3.5 Added Dimensions out of 5



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, if it's so sweet that half a doughnut is all you can manage in one go, I think the recipe needs a bit of work! EEK! But as long as you enjoyed it, that's probably all that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Froot Loops donut's defence, I had some of the other mentioned sweets both times before I ate it. So perhaps it was just a victim of sugar accumulation? 😀

    ReplyDelete

Bye Bye Blog—Hello Instagram

Hey Readers! I wanted to let all of you know that for the time being, I will no longer be posting on this blog. (That's unless I get s...